4 Days Family Trek in High Atlas
Trekking and adventure holidays for families are becoming more popular in Morocco. We are happy to discuss your questions regarding a family trek, whether it is trek difficulty, safety or simply a conversation to give you peace of mind.
Morocco has many exciting possibilities for inclusion in your family trek. There is the Sahara Desert with its camels and oases, the High Atlas mountain range with their snow-tipped caps and the cities of Marrakech and Fes where you can enjoy traditional Moroccan culture.
The following suggested itineraries are suitable for families, but feel free to enquire about others. Houssine and Mohamed organize excellent adventure holidays for families with children aged 8 years and older.
A day of trekking will take you from Imlil, through Tizi N’ Tamaterte to Tachdirt. It involves around 5-6 hours of walking and takes you from 1740m above sea level to around 2300m. You’ll spend the night in a guesthouse in Tachdirt and on your way there you can enjoy your lunch at the pass
Setting off from Tachdirt, you’ll strike out for the red village, passing many other dwellings as you walk. You’ll be travelling for around 5 hours along the Imnan Valley, which is a simply beautiful area of North Africa, to get to Imsker to spend a well-earned night in a local gite.
At the end of your 3rd day, after 6-7 hours of trekking, you will get to try the local steam bath or hammam. A steam bath is a wonderful experience at the end of a long day of travel and sightseeing. From Imsker you’ll rise from 1600m to 2100m at Tizi N’Tacht, which enables you to gaze out across the Azzaden Valley, one of the most beautiful sights available in the region. After lunch at the pass, you’ll trek on up to Tizi Oussem to enjoy dinner, a steam bath and bed
From Tizi Oussem, you and your group will head back to Imlil. As you head there, your guide will take you past the largest waterfall in the Toubkal region. Lunch will be in Tizi Mzzik at 2500m and you can join your mules to finish the journey home to Imlil. The last day will see approximately 5-6 hours of trekking. From Imlil, you can transfer back to your hotel or lodgings.
- Local Guide
- Muleteers and Mules for Luggages
- Full board on trek
- Accommodation at Berber lodges & Refuges
- Private Transport
- Porters for luggages from snow line to Mountain hut (Winter treks)
- Travel insurance
- Soft drinks
- Sleeping bags
- Personal Expenses
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
Private Marrakech Day Trips, it’s a tour operator travel company based in morocco high atlas and Marrakesh, our most popular morocco culture tours; walking/trekking and hiking itineraries in Morocco tours. Read More
- 2 Days Trek From MarrakeshApril 23, 2018 - 6:55 pm
- 2 Days Trek From Oukaimden Station To ImlilMarch 29, 2018 - 5:51 pm
- 3 Days Trekking in Imlil Atlas MountainsMarch 29, 2018 - 4:52 pm
- Family Tours in Morocco Mountains – Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 4:16 pm
- Atlas Morocco Trek 2 Days – Private Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 1:54 pm