4 Days Berber Villages Trek – High Atlas Mountain Valley Trek
4 days Berber villages trek in the High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech, This 4 days Trek around berber villages in the atlas mountains is a worthwhile trip out of Marrakech city. You will spend two days discovering the high Atlas Mountains & valleys on foot. This 4 Days trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference. We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!! Itinerary : 2 days Hike Berber villages.
Depart Imlil towards Tacheddirt passing by the Tizi n’Tamatert pass (2279m). This stage allows us to visit numerous villages of the Massif Nimnane to discover the agricultural traditions of the Mountain Berbers, the irrigated terraces reaching up high along the banks of the valley. The major canal lies between the brown of the mountains and the green of the cultivation. The villages are built above this so that they do not lose any fertile land. Night spent in bivouac or Berber gîte if possible. 4 to 5 hours walking time.
Descend the valley of Tacheddirt crossing some traditional Berber villages, arriving at midday at the village of Arg. Continuing after lunch to reach the village of Imsker (1600m). Night spent in bivouac.
4 to 5 hours walking time.
Depart village of Imsker towards the Azzaden Valley passing by the Imsker Pass (1900m). Descend towards Imi Oughlad then climb back up the Tizi n’Techt Pass (2000m). Lunch just after this pass in order to go back down towards the Azzaden Valley to reach the village of Aït Aïssa. Night spent in bivouac or gîte if possible.
4 to 5 hours walking time.
Depart the village of Aït Aïssa towards the village of Tizi Oussem passing by the Tizi Mzik pass. Lunch at the village of Mzik, then continue towards Imlil.
5 hours walking time.
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Meals on the trek ( 2 lunches + 1 dinner + 1 breakfast ) + bottled mineral water
- Accommoadtion in a Berber village (gite)
- Transfers from Marrakech – Trek and back
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option in the summer )
- Travel insurance
- Soft drinks
- Sleeping bags
- Personal Expenses
Private Marrakech Day Trips, it’s a tour operator travel company based in morocco high atlas and Marrakesh, our most popular morocco culture tours; walking/trekking and hiking itineraries in Morocco tours. Read More
- 2 Days Trek From MarrakeshApril 23, 2018 - 6:55 pm
- 2 Days Trek From Oukaimden Station To ImlilMarch 29, 2018 - 5:51 pm
- 3 Days Trekking in Imlil Atlas MountainsMarch 29, 2018 - 4:52 pm
- Family Tours in Morocco Mountains – Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 4:16 pm
- Atlas Morocco Trek 2 Days – Private Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 1:54 pm