3 Days trip from marrakech to fes via sahara
Erg Chebbi is a stretch of dunes about 22 Km from north to south and about 5 Km from east to west at the widest point. The highest dune, 884 m, is in the north. Among the dunes there are several oasis and you can easily get water just by digging a little. The trip to the oasis starts with a long route by road which is an experience itself geographically speaking, and also because of the numerous stops to cool down and get in contact with the local people.
Depart at 8am from Marrakesh to Dades Gorges via the mountain pass of Tizi n’Tichka (2260m), through the High Atlas Mountains. We will have time to stop and enjoy the stunning scenery of the winding mountain roads below us. We will also have an opportunity to visit the UNESCO heritage site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. We will pass through Ouarzazate, often referred to as the Hollywood of Africa since it has been a famous destination for filmmakers. After Ouarzazate we will continue to Dades Valley where we will spend the night in a hotel.
After breakfast we will start driving from the Dades Gorges to the Erg Chebbi sand dunes in Merzouga. We will pass through Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud, and then continue to Merzouga, where we will start our camel ride. Upon the arrival at the nomadic camp the dinner will be served and we’ll spend a beautiful desert night in traditional Berber tents or under the stars, depending upon your preference.
After an early sunrise, we will ride the camels back to Merzouga, where we will stop for breakfast, and then start our day towards Fes. During the drive we will be passing through the High Atlas Mountains again via the mountain pass of Tizi n’Talghamt (2000m) on the way to Fes. We should arrive in Fes around late afternoon/evening, which will be the end of our trip.
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges With dinner & breakfast
- 1overnight camping on the Dunes with dinner & breakfast
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
Private Marrakech Day Trips, it’s a tour operator travel company based in morocco high atlas and Marrakesh, our most popular morocco culture tours; walking/trekking and hiking itineraries in Morocco tours. Read More
- 2 Days Trek From MarrakeshApril 23, 2018 - 6:55 pm
- 2 Days Trek From Oukaimden Station To ImlilMarch 29, 2018 - 5:51 pm
- 3 Days Trekking in Imlil Atlas MountainsMarch 29, 2018 - 4:52 pm
- Family Tours in Morocco Mountains – Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 4:16 pm
- Atlas Morocco Trek 2 Days – Private Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 1:54 pm