3 Days Trek in Atlas Valleys and Sahara Desert Tours
This a Fantastic 3-day round-trip from Marrakech with overnight stays in Berber guest-houses and the berbers sahara camp at the Great Dunes of Erg Chigaga. Outside of summer months an additional night may be spent in the desert.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Marrakech at 8AM. Our driver will take you to Imlil (1740m), a Berber village located about 65 km south from Marrakech, where our trek will start. Here we will meet the Berber muleteer crew. An experienced mountain guide will take you on a walk through the Berber villages via the shrine Sidi Chamharouch (2500m) to reach the mountain hut. Here we will stop for a picnic lunch. After enjoying the lunch and having a short break by the river, Back down into the Imlil Valley. Another 1h30 trek down from here will take you to the village of Imlil where you will enjoy an evening meal in the charming Dar Aremd Guesthouse. 1h20 drive and 6hours walking.
Leaving Imlil in the morning you will drive to Zagora through the High Atlas Mountains by the Tizi n’Tichka pass (2260m) via Agdz stop for lunch in Ourzazate / Agdz, Arriving in Zagora you’ll find yourself in a typical oasis, and important stopping point for camel caravans and now a gateway to the desert. Once in Zagora you will get on your camels for a short trek and get to your camp in the Oasis of Nakhla. 8hours Drive.
NB :Staying in a Hotel is optional ( to decide at the time of the reservation)
Return to Marrakesh stopping for lunch at Aït Benhaddou, an early departure from Zagora will give enough time to explore the ancient mud walled Kasbah. Aït Benhaddou is a ‘fortified city’, or ksar, along the former caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech. Arrive in Marrakesh at late afternoon. 7 hours drive.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 people : 250£/person
- Group 3 people : 205 £/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 190 £/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 170 £/person
- Private transport 4×4
- 1 Overnight in Dar Aremd or similar (Dinner & breakfast)
- Lunch on day1
- 4×4 or Mini-bus during Desert tour
- 1overnight camping in Zagora ( Oasis Nakhla (Dinner & breakfast)
- Camel Ride
- Lunches during Desert Tour
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
Private Marrakech Day Trips, it’s a tour operator travel company based in morocco high atlas and Marrakesh, our most popular morocco culture tours; walking/trekking and hiking itineraries in Morocco tours. Read More
- 2 Days Trek From MarrakeshApril 23, 2018 - 6:55 pm
- 2 Days Trek From Oukaimden Station To ImlilMarch 29, 2018 - 5:51 pm
- 3 Days Trekking in Imlil Atlas MountainsMarch 29, 2018 - 4:52 pm
- Family Tours in Morocco Mountains – Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 4:16 pm
- Atlas Morocco Trek 2 Days – Private Marrakesh Day TripsMarch 18, 2018 - 1:54 pm